I wrote this list a few years ago, after I had watched the Movie “The Bucket List“
1. To go to a Pro- football game, The Chicago Bears vs.New Orleans Saints. (check) funnily enough in the later years I became a Saint’s fan.
2. Go to a College Basketball game.(check, Illinois vs. Iowa AND my seat got picked to come down at half-time and shoot baskets for money $25.00 a basket…okay uhm, I’m 4’11′ and this was a full court basketball, I made $25.00, AFTER they moved the spot I was to stand at to RIGHT underneath the basket.(I’ve never played basketball ok), BUT what a memory…..Those guys are seriously TALL…
3. To go on a Cruise.
4. To Parasail.
5. Swim in the Ocean.
6. Go zip-lining in a jungle.
7. Go to a country I have Not been to before.
8. Go to New York City. (I’ve been to JFK airport and this does not count)
9. Go to a Nascar Race, and see Jimmy Johnson. (check), at the Indy race a few years ago AND Jimmy Johnson won! Although, the hubbs and I left before the race was over, and went to uhmm… Sybaris, for a romantic evening but we watched the last few laps in the room. BUT technically I WAS there.
10. Go to a concert. (check)…Hootie and the Blowfish, WHAT a concert…. there were a couple more but that was the last one.
11. Watch the sunrise with my husband. (check), we got up early one morning and sat on the porch drinking coffee, just because it wa on my list.
12. Go to Canada, and sightsee.
13. Go to my High School Re-Union.
14. Learn something new, like another language.
15. Laugh until I pee my pants. (check), the hubbs saw this and said “Oh Yea, I can do this”. He did.
16. Go to the Southbeach Food Festival.
17. Try some of the restaurants on Diner’s Drive-ins & Dives. (check) We went to “The Shed” in Mississippi, Man, was that some GREAT BBQ….
18. Meet someone famous. (check), while I was working at Steak-n-Shake, Jerry Van Dyke came in for a good ole Steakburger, and I Waited on him and got his autograph. Plus, I have also met Kurt Russell, but that was back when I was 16 and in Austria.
19. Live each day to its fullest. (still working on it.)
20. Go to Mardi-Gras in New Orleans.
21. Attempt to write a novel.
There is more on my list, but this is the part I will share with ya’ll. I am getting closer to finishing some things, and as I cross some off, I am always adding more. Do you have a bucket list?