Today is the College Student‘s birthday. This is a letter from me to her:
My darling daughter,
While you were only 4 when I met you, you were a force to be reckoned with. You are a beautiful woman now. But you were oh so cute when you were little too. I didn’t know how to react to you at times, for you see, your Mother was in your life, and you did not like to share your Dad with me.
Things may have seemed bleak lately, but they are not. Nothing has changed, and you are still the “baby” of the family. While today, you have reached your 22nd birthday. I would just like to let you know, a couple of things.
1. I Love you.
2. Your Dad loves you, as well as your brother’s and sisters.
3. I am so proud of the woman you are becoming, I could shout it from the rooftop.
4. I may not be your Mother, but I am still your Mom, and friend for life.
5. I am very proud to call you my daughter. (Even if I’m the Step Mother, and the wicked one at that.)
6. The world is your playground, and you embrace it and enjoy each and every day.
9. We still have the note you wrote to your Dad and I on the fridge, the day you left for college. And Boo-Bear, Your Welcome.
I could go on and tell some embarrassing stories “Octo-Mom” with one kid, but I think you know what I mean.
Thank you Boo for being in my life, for calling everyday, and just being you! Happy Birthday little one, and I love you!!!
“The wicked Step-Mother”