After surviving a rough week, I had decided I needed some giggles. I’ve taken a short “vacation” so to speak. I have not left my house since last night when I got home.
Usually, Friday nights are spent doing something silly with the Electrician. Last night while flipping through the t.v. listings, he found out that one of my favorite movies was on. He did not say a word to me, but at the appropriate time, he flipped the channel, and watched my face as I realized what was on. I lite up like a Christmas tree. ”The Bucket List” was on, and I watched the whole thing, and even though I knew what would happen I still shed tears. We played some music and then fell into to bed.
This morning, since the Electrician and I had run all of our errands yesterday, he granted my wish of a p.j. day. When I woke up this morning and got some coffee, and then had a little computer time, the Electrician again flipped through the t.v. listings, and found one of my “childhood” favorite movies. Sorry to sound like a “repeat” but he changed the t.v. from my beloved Food Network, and onto my screen “Mary Poppins” was on.
I seriously felt like a kid again, I watched the whole thing, and even sat through the commercials. The Electrician admitted that he liked the movie when he was a kid, but now that he is grown up, he said it seemed…well.. boring. Not me, I watched and sang along to all the songs.
The Electrician gave up and went to take a nap, and I played on the computer after the movie was over. We got a call from the Nurse, who stated she was going to spend some time with her sister and did we want to see the Fisher dude?
The funniest thing, since they have moved closer, we have seen so much more of them, and that makes me happy. We made arrangements for the Fisher dude and the 2 grand baby boys to come over after supper. The Electrician and I did something we have never done before in all of our 18 years together. Tonite for supper (which was after our showers and change of clothes into a different set of p.j’s) we had, bacon, hash browns and the Electrician made green chili cheese omelets. YUM!!!!
The “boys” came over, and the giggles started in earnest…. the rest is pictures, simply because words cannot describe it…..
First order was, “Papa, put in a movie….” So after searching through the movie selection, it was settled on Ratatouille. Next in order was “Meemaw….popcorn? AND chocolate milk? pwease… Notice, yes there is a towel lining the chair, and the chair is a new addition to my house, which will be addressed in a different post. (It’s my Momma’s chair and Ottoman, that she had especially made for her).
They did not sit in the chair for very long, and the next thing you knew, popcorn on the floor and toys coming out of their room. Hey at the age of 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 I don’t think I could sit through a whole movie without being side tracked…..So, with the movie still playing, there were toys and some coloring going on. But then….
It happened….Meemaw and Brayden boy got to being Rock stars, and singing ”We will…we will ROCK YOU!!! right down to clapping the hands and everything. Papa wanted to take a picture of us rocking out, and well…rock stars stick their tongues out, so we did too….
Well…next thing you know I had both boys in my lap singing at the top of their little lungs….and then the kissing fest started, I started kissing one and then the other….
And all’s they could do was giggle…. in between singing “We Will We Will Rock you” funny thing is, we were in the rocking chair…..
I may have to go to giggles anonymous after this evening, because all’s I know, I sure did giggle a bunch.
After the week I’ve had, the Electrician sure does know how to take care of me. I am truly Blessed by all aspects of my life. From helping sister’s who are having a hard time, to feeling overwhelmed in my own situation, to finding the strength to carry on status quo. To laughing myself silly with Grandkids, to being frustrated with other kids, to just finding balance, and being okay with me.
So far, this is a weekend, that I filed in my memory banks as being pretty relaxing, fun and filled with giggles, and I’m only half way through it!
Cherish what you have, never take it for granted, find the rainbow even if it feels there isn’t one, and ALWAYS try to find a giggle. Because seriously, laughter can take some pain away and replace it with good times….With that being said, try not to pee your pants….
I am re-visiting this post simply for the fact, I’ve crossed some things off and added new ones….Added to the fact, I just watched this movie AGAIN for the umpteenth time. I believe it is on my top ten list.
The movie gives me goose bumps, simply for the fact, that tomorrow is not a given, it is a gift. I have learned through the journey I am on with Momma, that each day should be lived to the fullest, and enjoy each moment. They may not always be filled with giggles, and sometimes they are down right painful, but they are to be lived as they come. I’ve been lucky enough to accomplish some things on my list, and I’ve still got a bunch more. Some may seem silly, and some may seem strange. But…it’s my list…. I’ve copied some of this post, and changed a few bits….
I wrote this list a few years ago, after I had watched the Movie “The Bucket List“
1. To go to a Pro- football game, The Chicago Bears vs.New Orleans Saints. (check) funnily enough in the later years I became a Saint’s fan.
2. Go to a College Basketball game.(check, Illinois vs. Iowa AND my seat got picked to come down at half-time and shoot baskets for money $25.00 a basket…okay uhm, I’m 4’11′ and this was a full court basketball, I made $25.00, AFTER they moved the spot I was to stand at to RIGHT underneath the basket.(I’ve never played basketball ok), BUT what a memory…..Those guys are seriously TALL…
3. To go on a Cruise. (check, and it was something I will never forget…)
4. To Parasail.
5. Swim in the Ocean. (check)
6. Go zip-lining in a jungle.(check, double-check, went ziplining in Jamaica, FRIGGIN AWESOME)
7. Go to a country I have Not been to before. (Check, went to Jamaica, Grand Caymen Islands, and Cozumel Mexico)
9. Go to a Nascar Race, and see Jimmy Johnson. (check), at the Indy race a few years ago AND Jimmy Johnson won! Although, the hubbs and I left before the race was over, and went to uhmm… Sybaris, for a romantic evening but we watched the last few laps in the room. BUT technically I WAS there.
10. Go to a concert. (check)…Hootie and the Blowfish, WHAT a concert…. there were a couple more but that was the last one.
11. Watch the sunrise with my husband. (check), we got up early one morning and sat on the porch drinking coffee, just because it was on my list.
12. Go to Canada, and sightsee.
13. Go to my High School Re-Union.
14. Learn something new, like another language.
15. Laugh until I pee my pants. (check), the hubbs saw this and said “Oh Yea, I can do this”. He did.
16. Go to the Southbeach Food Festival.
17. Try some of the restaurants on Diner’s Drive-ins & Dives. (check) We went to “The Shed” in Mississippi, Man, was that some GREAT BBQ….(which has since burned down as told to me by my sister-in-law)
18. Meet someone famous. (check), while I was working at Steak-n-Shake, Jerry Van Dyke came in for a good ole Steakburger, and I Waited on him and got his autograph. Plus, I have also met Kurt Russell, but that was back when I was 16 and in Austria.
19. Live each day to its fullest. (still working on it.)
20. Go to Mardi-Gras in New Orleans.
21. Attempt to write a novel. (semi-check, have started a couple of chapters)
22. Swim with the dolphins.
23. Jump out of a perfectly good airplane and skydive.
24. Get the news out about Parkinson’s Disease, and try to help people through my experience.
There is more on my list, but this is the part I will share with ya’ll. I am getting closer to finishing some things, and as I cross some off, I am always adding more. Do you have a bucket list?