Long Tuesday Again!

Whew, well this day is almost over and it has turned out to be a long one.  Being the wonderful homemaking goddess that I am, I asked the Electrician to wake me when he left this morning (Uhm…what was I thinking???) 

5:30 AM rolled around and I got up kissed him by, and then proceeded to, do a load of laundry, watch the weather, clean up the kitchen, brew ANOTHER pot of coffee, set his clothes out for tomorrow, make the bed, uhm..well….I played on Facebook and caught up all my words with friends games ( I really think 14 games of scrabble is a lil much but oh well).

I headed out the door by 8:10 and stopped and got the Nursing Student a cappuccino, and went and picked up Cam-man.  We headed over to the Farmer’s and proceeded to get Momma up, bathed and dressed, and then EVERYONE (except me) into the family room.  I cooked breakfast, pancakes with peach syrup (YUMMO)…(don’t tell the Electrician tho, cuz ya’ll know I don’t cook stuff like that for him). 

Cam-man was in rare form today, playing hard as ever, the Farmer even gave him a car to play with, that thing ZOOMS across the kitchen/dining room floor too.  Momma was okay this morning, but when Cam-Man and I left about 1:15, (Cam fell asleep on the way to my house), I guess Momma went straight-up Parkinson’s and the Farmer had to put her to bed and sit with her a while.  I guess it was bad, because he was afraid she might hurt herself.  The Farmer worked his magic and calmed her down tho. 

Meanwhile, at my house, Cam-man took a 2 1/2 hour nap and while he did that I did some other domestic goddess stuff. I had just sat down and almost fell asleep when the Electrician got home, so I spent some time with him when yup, you got it, Cam-Man woke up and was very excited to see his Papa.  I guess by then Cam was tired of Granny because he didn’t want to have anything to do with me.

We all hung out for a bit, and then Papa loaded up Cam-man in the Rav4 and…we were on the road again, to drop him off to the Fisher dude.  Then I did my round-robin and was back at the Farmer’s. 

Tonite was one of his night out’s and I came to “hang out” with Momma.  When I got there, the Farmer told me about their afternoon, and told me she was still in bed.  I left her there for a bit, because sometimes when she get’s all Parkinson’s you can’t do anything but wait it out. (med’s to  kick in).

I went into her room about a half hour after the Farmer had left, and leaned over her and I swear she hid the biggest smile on her face, and she said “Good Morning”.  I told her “Good Evening Momma”, to which then ensued a conversation about what time of day it was.  I won that little conversation.

Momma and I had a REALLY good time together.  We cleaned the bathroom together (ok THAT might be over-doing it a bit, I cleaned, she messed).  We watched The Walton’s.  I vacuumed the front room and made her do leg lifts while I did it.  I think she kinda likes that cuz I get her to exercise and THAT is really important for her muscles. It loosens up her VERY STIFF muscles. 

She ate her dinner and then we got her cleaned up and into her jammies.  She went back to her chair, and DEMANED her ice cream sandwich.  Ok, so I’m a sucker, she did really well so she got 2 of them (psst…don’t tell the Farmer tho).  Hey she’s my Momma, bribery works okay?

I put her Monkey Butt to bed at 9:00 and she was sleeping like a baby when I left at 10:15PM.  Here it is now…uhm…11:35PM and I’m taking my Happy Monkey butt to bed.  (yawn) 

It may have been a long day, but it was worth every second of it.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: