I’ve been writing my blog for 9 months now. I originally started writing my blog because, I had a lot of things to say, and emotions that I felt, and this was my way of releasing them. In the first few months of my blog, I slowly got more readers. When I hit over 400 (ok, maybe by 2), I was overwhelmed that so many people would be interested in anything I had to say. (Actually, the Electrician would tell you I did a Happy dance all over the sports room, but since I’m writing this he won’t tell you.)
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Southern-wild, and y’all really need to go check her out, at www.southern-wild.com. I’ve been sneaking in and reading her page for quite a while. She does some amazing photography.
With the award comes a list of rules:
1. Link Back to the person who nominated you
2. Write seven things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 or so fellow bloggers, and leave a note on their blog to let them know.
Ok, number one, check.
number 2. Uhm.. 7 things about myself… hmm….well ok here goes.
1. I am exactly 4 feet and 11 inches tall, I had to get a waiver signed by the President of the United States to join the Air Force, because of the height requirement. (Although what with getting older I may have shrunk to 4 feet and 10 1/2 inches)
2. I worked in the Insurance Industry for over 20 years, but enjoyed being a waitress/bartender more than any other job I had.
3. I conquered my fear of heights when I ziplined in Jamaica with my Sister-in-law.
4. My world is my family.
6. I have realized in the wisdom of my 50 years, life is to short,(so am I) and things can change on a dime, so I try to live my life to the fullest each and everyday.
7. I have started working out lately, (The Electrician has done it for YEARS, and been bugging me to do it). While I do work out everyday, if anyone were to see me (Because I will not work out if anyone can see me), I appreciate the fact that I am not the star in a workout video, and it’s pretty amusing to watch. (The Electrician saw me working out, and actually laughed. I guess I’m not the most coordinated person on the planet).
Ok, number 2, check.
Now onto some nominations. And I will make a confession here, while I follow quite a few different blogs, there are only a few that I read on a daily basis. I usually try to catch up with most of the others over the weekend.
So, with that being said, here are a few of my favorites.
terry1954.wordpress.com, Terry touches my heart, while we are in similar positions with Parkinson’s. Terry cares for her brother Al, while I care for Momma, and we both go through a lot of the same emotions. Terry is also a brilliant story-teller.
happinessstanlives.wordpress.com This blog rocks my world. First off, I was raised in the part of London where they live. The recipes and photo’s make me happy.
singlikenooneslistening.wordpress.com. I have followed this blog since I started blogging. Rachel was an Au Pair in Australia, who has since returned home back to the United States, and I have been a tourist of Australia through her.
kittyblogger.wordpress.com I love this one simply because folks, I am a cat person and where they get the photo’s of cat’s floors me but it usually gives me a giggle.
jmgoyder.com. I have followed this blog for quite a while. She actually has two blogs, and I follow both of them. Julie’s husband has Parkinson’s and we have shared a lot of things.
So, while I follow a lot more blogs than the above mentioned, some of my other favorites have already received this esteemed award.
So….from Camsgranny, thanks y’all. I feel special! 🙂