Whew….I made it….

This week has been a week.  While I am not really complaining, because there is a silver lining in everything, and I am truly Blessed, (at least I think so), sometimes things can get a little crazy.

The beginning of the week, I’ve already told you about, and the fact the Farmer let me drive his “other” prized baby, was a feat in itself.  The fact, I drove it, and had fun in it, was a bonus.  Momma had her birthday 2 days in a row, simply because she thought it was her birthday 2 days in a row.  PDD is really a butt kicker sometimes.  But rather than spoil it for her, we celebrated her birthday 2 days in a row.

I guess, if I could not eat cake and stuff, and open presents, I would want to savor the moment as long as I could.  Momma did celebrate her birthday, by being checked out by the Nurse, and also getting to eat some sherbet.  Well….2 tablespoons of sherbet were all that she got, but she did manage to swallow all of it.    I even asked her and made her open her mouth to make sure it was gone.  Momma loves any form of ice cream,  sherbet or anything along those lines.  Her face lit up when she saw the spoon with the “cherished” treat on it.

Momma is still suffering from a cold, and has good snotty days and then better days, as in no snot.    This has been an issue for me this week, and the Farmer has truly laughed hard at me.  (Rotten rat).  It seems, that while I can handle most things, as in the crappiest pants, the vomit, and the nastiest smell, when it comes to the snot factory, I will throw up in a heart beat.   If I don’t actually throw up, I will definatley gasp and struggle for control, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.  Cam-Man has gotten into the program although unknowingly.  He will pick his nose and hand it to me, and I will start gagging.  UGH enough about THAT….

Our issues started about Thursday, when I was allowed to drive the Farmer’s beloved truck, It started raining and I did not think it would ever end.    I finished my day and went to bed as usual, but at about 4 am, the Electrician came back to bed, and said, “hon the carpet is wet”.  “Uh, what?”  I got up to go to the restroom and squished my way there.  I freaked out and started flipping on lights and then realised,  OH CRAP….I live in a bi-level and part of our main living space is downstairs.  Our “sports” room, is where we hang out the most, our bedroom is downstairs, and the garage and bathroom are here.

Well….the garage was flooded, and so was the half of the sports room.  The Electrician got up and started trying to get the water out of here.  It really was not as bad as it could have been, but it was squishy bad.    After working on the house for about 1 1/2 hours the Electrician went to work, and I took over.  I pulled up the carpet in the sports room, and did what I could, and then left for the Farmer’s house.  It was Friday, and I made a deal with the Farmer, I would let him sleep in on Fridays, so I leave my house and arrive at his house at about 7:45 am, give Momma her first meds of the day, and the Farmer gets to sleep in.

Folks, I truly wish I could have the energy I had in my 20’s and 30’s, but being where I am now (nope I’m not gonna tell you how old I am, or how old I feel), I left my house said a prayer and just hoped it would dry out.

I usually clean the Farmer’s house on Friday’s, and let me just say, while I did do somethings, I kinda let other’s go.  I played with the Farmer and gave him lessons on his new laptop computer.  I do have to say, he and I both giggled a bunch.

When I finally arrived home, I was ever so happy that it appeared things had dried out, so I finished sucking up the rest of the water with the shop vac, and moving things to help the carpet dry.  When the Electrician arrived home, and looked at what I had done, he was happy, although, call me a silly girl, but I did not move anything, and um oops, there was still some water underneath things I did not move.

Fast forward to today, and my house is finally back to normal, there is nothing wet or squishy.  Thank goodness.  Carpets have dried and been cleaned to within an inch of their lives, rugs have been washed and back into place.

While I could say this week has been trying, not just for me, but for all of America with all the things going on in the nation.  My little spot in the world is okay.  And…we are keeping on with what is our normal.


2 responses

  1. glad the carpets dried, that could have been real stinky

  2. The nose pick cracked me up but, on a more serious note, you are a fantastic example of how humor works in the most ghastly situations – I have learned so much from you and cannot thank you enough, Jo (and now I’ve made myself cry!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: