I wrote this list a few years ago, after I had watched the Movie “The Bucket List”
1. To go to a Pro- football game, The Chicago Bears vs.New Orleans Saints. (check) funnily enough in the later years I became a Saint’s fan.
2. Go to a College Basketball game.(check, Illinois vs. Iowa AND my seat got picked to come down at half-time and shoot baskets for money $25.00 a basket…okay uhm, I’m 4’11’ and this was a full court basketball, I made $25.00, AFTER they moved the spot I was to stand at to RIGHT underneath the basket.(I’ve never played basketball ok), BUT what a memory…..Those guys are seriously TALL…
3. To go on a Cruise.
4. To Parasail.
5. Swim in the Ocean.
6. Go zip-lining in a jungle.
7. Go to a country I have Not been to before.
8. Go to New York City. (I’ve been to JFK airport and this does not count)
9. Go to a Nascar Race, and see Jimmy Johnson. (check), at the Indy race a few years ago AND Jimmy Johnson won! Although, the hubbs and I left before the race was over, and went to uhmm… Sybaris, for a romantic evening but we watched the last few laps in the room. BUT technically I WAS there.
10. Go to a concert. (check)…Hootie and the Blowfish, WHAT a concert…. there were a couple more but that was the last one.
11. Watch the sunrise with my husband. (check), we got up early one morning and sat on the porch drinking coffee, just because it wa on my list.
12. Go to Canada, and sightsee.
13. Go to my High School Re-Union.
14. Learn something new, like another language.
15. Laugh until I pee my pants. (check), the hubbs saw this and said “Oh Yea, I can do this”. He did.
16. Go to the Southbeach Food Festival.
17. Try some of the restaurants on Diner’s Drive-ins & Dives. (check) We went to “The Shed” in Mississippi, Man, was that some GREAT BBQ….
18. Meet someone famous. (check), while I was working at Steak-n-Shake, Jerry Van Dyke came in for a good ole Steakburger, and I Waited on him and got his autograph. Plus, I have also met Kurt Russell, but that was back when I was 16 and in Austria.
19. Live each day to its fullest. (still working on it.)
20. Go to Mardi-Gras in New Orleans.
21. Attempt to write a novel.
There is more on my list, but this is the part I will share with ya’ll. I am getting closer to finishing some things, and as I cross some off, I am always adding more. Do you have a bucket list?
Two weeks, and counting. The days on the Calender are slowly getting marked off one by one. Normally I don’t do this. Momma has a Calender at the Nursing home with a bunch of smily faces on it for each day she does good.
My Calender is different though. I have a Bucket List that I’ve had for a few years, and I’ve been marking things off as I get them accomplished. Little things, like swimming in the Ocean (check), watching the sunrise and sunset (check) (check), going to my first Professional Football game (Bears – check), going to a concert (check), and a lot more other things that are slowly getting checked off.
But one of MY major things, is something I wished for since I was about 13 years old, when my Grandmother went for a Cruise around the world. I can’t remember exactly how long the Cruise was but she sent me postcards from every port-of-call that they stopped in.
Now, mind you, by the time I was 16, I had been to so many different countries, that my Passport is still a treasured item with all the stamps from foreign countries. But, I had flown, to most of them and have never had the opportunity to go on a Cruise.
Well, that’s not really true. I had paid for my “first” cruise when I moved back to Illinois, I was going to go on one with My cousin Tracey and her mom Barb, and another friend, but at that time, the Electrician and I were getting pretty serious and I opted not to go. So, I took my refund and held onto hope that EVENTUALLY I would be able to go on a Cruise.
Guess what FOLKS, I got my wish. Yup, here in a few, this woman is going on a 7 day cruise, to Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Cozumel Mexico, with some truly cherished peeps. Yes, the Electrician, his sister Mary and my Outlaws, will be boarding the Ship (I’ve been told NOT to call it a boat), for 7 blissful days of EATING, cruising and being Happy in the Sun.
I’ve been to the Sewing Alteration lady to have dresses re-sized (thanks to the College student who gave me a dress) AND, I had my wedding dress shortened so I could wear it as an evening gown. Been shoe shopping for some KILLER shoes to match all the Evening wear. I got my hair did today, with some awesome highlights too. Went through all of my clothes to decide what to take and what not to take.
I can’t even begin to explain all the time I have poured over the web-site to see about the “excursions”. I’m thinking that “Zip-Lining” is in order in Jamaica. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try it and I think it would be fun.
I’ve lined up the cat-sitter for Ms. Baby (and a back-up just in case). Folks, seriously after everything I have gone through in the past month I can not begin to explain how excited I am to be able to do this trip. The Plus side, I get to spend about 13 days with some of the other people I cherish. Plus, I know that the Farmer and Momma will be okay. Momma is making progress, and I think the Farmer is happy to see me so excited about something. The past month has been hard, on both of us. I only hope he can find something to be so excited about and feel the excitement of a little kid again. Cuz folks, I FEEL like a little kid again, with my nose squished up against the store window, wanting to see and do everything.
Now mind you, My outlaw Father-in-law has told me many times in the past few days while phone-calls are flying between his house and mine, that I’m not really going, and they will leave me behind. I’ve got his ticket already printed out….I told him I could lose it…wink, ya know what I mean? Just kidding Poppa!!!!
Have you ever felt like you were a little kid, and getting a wish come true….well, I feel like a little kid with a WHOLE candy jar…..and man I am excited….
Here’s to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old…
Here is to the clean slate, to start all over, for memories to be made, times to be cherished, and life to be lived.
Me…I’m looking forward to crossing some things off my bucket list, and living life-like it was my last day because folks ya never really know. Be Kind to one another, smile whenever you can, laugh whenever you can, and cherish every day. But most of all, believe in your dreams….because they do come true, if you work hard enough and you try hard enough.
To the Farmer, I Love you, to the Electrician, You’re my World, to my kids, glory be I am so proud of you all,to Momma, I love you so much and am willing to work hard “with you” and for you. To the friends I’ve made this past year, Bless you, to the friends of my past that have come into my future…Bless you too, I’ve missed you, P….DeeDee…and other’s to many to mention…. I am truly blessed by all of you so….to all of you I wish a Truly Happy New Year.